Pomegranate benefits and side effects:
Pomegranate benefits and side effects: You must have heard that saying, ‘One pomegranate, one hundred sick’. Let us say that this is not just a saying. In fact, pomegranate is capable of curing many diseases. It not only cures cancer and heart-related diseases but can also be used to enhance the beauty of the skin. Many vitamins and minerals are hidden in their red grains full of sweetness and juice. In this article, we will tell you about the benefits of eating a pomegranate. Now come to the point directly, not saying much.
Table of contents:
- Benefits of pomegranate –
- Benefits of pomegranate for health –
- Benefits of pomegranate for the skin –
- Benefits of pomegranate for hair –
- Nutritional elements of pomegranate –
- Use of Pomegranate –
- Loss of pomegranate –
Benefits of Pomegranate:
Pomegranate is an excellent fruit with many nutritional properties. It has the ability to reduce signs of aging as well as to cure even pimples. Drinking a certain amount of its juice improves the face. In addition to this, the hair also benefits in many ways.
Next, we are explaining the benefits of pomegranate in a sequential manner.
Health Benefits of Pomegranate :
1. Heart Benefits of Pomegranate:
Pomegranate has sufficient antioxidant properties. This is why it is considered good for heart health. Consumption of pomegranate increases the level of good cholesterol and reduces the effect of harmful oxidase lipids. Due to this, the risk of atherosclerosis is reduced to a great extent. The accumulation of fat and cholesterol in the arterial arteries causes a disease called atherosclerosis.
Pomegranate benefits and side effects: This beneficial fruit is also able to reduce serum cholesterol levels. Another study has also confirmed that pomegranate intake reduces stress and does not cause any damage to cells. Also, it is easy to open block artery arteries. Pomegranate seeds are also no less beneficial. These not only normalize blood pressure but can also reduce the inflammation in the heart cells.
2. Diabetes Benefits of Pomegranate:
Many scientific types of research have confirmed that the sugar found in pomegranate does not affect diabetes in any way. Not only this, but the possibility of atherosclerosis due to diabetes can also be avoided.
Pomegranate also contains compounds such as ellagic, gallic, and ursolic acid, which have anti-diabetes properties. At the same time, the sugar found in pomegranate seeds has antioxidant polyphenols properties, which prepares the body to combat type-2 diabetes.
3. Cancer Benefits of Pomegranate:
Cancer comes after heart disease and diabetes. Pomegranate is also very effective in protecting from this deadly disease. Many types of research on pomegranate have found that its seeds have anti-cancer properties. Due to this property, pomegranate enhances the effect of a necessary compound in the body called Elegitannins, which prevents cancer cells from growing. It also protects against skin cancer.
Pomegranate benefits and side effects: Pomegranate seeds can also prove beneficial in the case of stomach and lung cancer because they have been found to have chemotherapy-like properties. In addition, if any type of tumor grows in the body, if the juice of pomegranate is consumed, the blood supply to the tumor can be stopped. This gradually reduces the size of the tumor.
4. Digestive system benefits of Pomegranate:
Pomegranate seeds have been considered as the main source of the vitamin-B complex. Due to this quality, pomegranate is the best fruit for your digestive system. Vitamin-B complex works to convert fat, protein and carbohydrates present in the body into energy. Pomegranate also contains fiber and other essential nutrients, which are necessary for the good digestive system. If you consume a fixed amount of pomegranate, you can get relief from problems like constipation. In addition, pomegranate also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can also cure gastrointestinal problems such as ulcerative colitis.
Keep in mind that pomegranate is classified as acidic foods, due to which there can be problems like chest irritation, acidity, and ulcers in the mouth and stomach. Therefore, before consuming pomegranate, please ask your doctor once.
The antioxidant, antibacterial, and antiviral properties found in pomegranate seeds are essential to improve immunity. Various researches have found that pomegranate grains can fight different types of bacteria and viruses due to these properties. It is also capable of curing other diseases caused by weak immunity.
The pregnancy period is considered sensitive for every woman. In the meantime, even slight negligence can prove harmful for both mother and baby. At the same time, some scientific researches have believed that consuming pomegranate during pregnancy can prove beneficial for a pregnant woman. This may reduce the risk of damage to the placenta. Pomegranate has antioxidant properties, which protect the placenta (placenta) during pregnancy. In addition, pomegranate also contains folate, which is necessary for the health of the pregnant woman and the unborn baby.
Consuming pomegranate in the first trimester of pregnancy improves the baby’s health. In addition, pomegranate is also very useful after delivery. It is believed that it may increase the production of breast milk.
As we said that the pregnancy period is very sensitive, so please consult your doctor once before consuming pomegranate. Some studies state that pomegranate may increase contractions in pregnant women.
Some scientific researches have believed that women who consume pomegranate can get relief from various problems during menstruation. Also, uterine problems can also be overcome to some extent.
In addition, pomegranate is the main source of fiber, due to which it can also cure yeast infection. This eliminates the fungus from the root and allows good bacteria to thrive. At the same time, women often have anemia due to periods. In this case, a pomegranate rich in iron helps them to overcome this problem. This quality of pomegranate is also described in Ayurveda.
8. Strong bones:
If you are suffering from bones and joints pain, then start consuming pomegranate from today. Pomegranate seeds have anti-inflammatory properties, which may prove beneficial in diseases like Arthritis. There have been many such pieces of evidence, which confirm that the consumption of pomegranate can reduce joint pain and swelling. Also, the enzymes that cause arthritis can also be destroyed.
9. Blood pressure:
As stated earlier, pomegranate has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. In this context, pomegranate may prove beneficial in controlling blood pressure. It helps in making good cholesterol by eliminating bad cholesterol from the body and does not allow any kind of obstruction in artery arteries. This is why doctors also recommend drinking a glass of pomegranate juice daily for better blood pressure. Keep reading this article to know the benefits of pomegranate juice.
It often happens that free radicals or free radicals start forming in the body, which affects health in many ways. Due to these free radicals, there is also a risk of swelling and oxidative damage in the body. In such a situation, if a pomegranate is consumed, then free radicals get out of the body. Also, problems due to inflammation can also be avoided.
11. Weight loss:
You might be surprised to know that pomegranate can also be used for weight loss. Pomegranate is high in fiber, which is why it can help you reduce obesity. Scientific research has found that pomegranate seeds and their leaves have fat-reducing properties.
12. Kidney stones:
Some people complain of kidney stones. If you are also struggling with this problem, then try taking pomegranate. Eating pomegranate improves the functioning of the kidneys and without taking any treatment or medication, stones and toxic bacteria are automatically passed out. Also, the level of acidity in the urine may be reduced.
Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants, due to which it prevents bacteria from growing on the bladder wall. Also, the urinary tract reduces the risk of infection. In addition, pomegranate contains vitamin-C, which improves immunity, which helps fight any type of infection.
13. Fatty Liver:
Consumption of pomegranate reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the body and as a result, helps in reducing excess fat accumulated in the liver. Believe it, the intake of pomegranate daily can reduce the problem of fatty liver in those who do not consume alcohol. Also, pomegranate is capable of protecting the liver even when there is jaundice.
Keep reading this article to know the benefits of eating a pomegranate.
Skin Benefits of Pomegranate:
You have already realized that pomegranate has antioxidant and vitamin-C properties. In this sense, it is beneficial for the skin.
- Pomegranate prevents premature wrinkles on the skin by increasing the production of collagen (protein).
- At the same time, it is also effective in dealing with nail pimples and blemishes.
- Pomegranate juice also serves as an excellent cleanser. You immerse cotton in pomegranate juice and apply it on your face. This will reduce the impact of dust and soil and pollution on the face. Also, dead skin cells also end.
- If you mix pomegranate juice with Multani with, the skin will look smooth and beautiful.
- Whether your skin is dry or oily, pomegranate is beneficial in every respect. It provides the necessary moisturizer by going deep into the skin.
- If you are suffering from nail pimples, then grinding pomegranate seeds on the affected area provides relief.
- If you are troubled by a problem like swelling on the face, then pomegranate is also able to help you with this. To relieve swelling, you should apply pomegranate seed oil on the skin.
- To improve face tone and remove tan, mix pomegranate seeds with papaya pieces. Now apply this paste on the face. In a few days, the effect will be seen.
- Pomegranate juice also acts as a toner. It closes the pores of the skin and maintains beauty.
Next, we are telling the benefits of pomegranate for hair.
Hair Benefits of Pomegranate:
Pomegranate benefits and side effects: The antioxidant property of pomegranate improves the hair follicles present in the scalp and improves blood circulation in the scalp. Pomegranate seed oil is the best natural remedy for tangled, dry and lifeless hair.
- You can drink pomegranate juice to prevent hair fall.
- Just as pomegranate provides moisture to the skin, similarly it also gives enough moisture to the hair.
- Pomegranate also helps to keep hair healthy and shiny.
- The use of pomegranate provides essential vitamins and minerals to the hair.
- For tangled and dry hair, massage with pomegranate oil. This will not only provide adequate moisturizer to the hair but also the hair condition.
- You can also make a hair mask from a pomegranate. Make a paste by grinding one cup of yogurt and pomegranate seeds and then apply one teaspoon of lemon juice mixed with it. This will not only make the hair stronger than the roots but will also shine in them.
After knowing the benefits of eating a pomegranate, in this part of the article, we are telling you what amount of nutrients is there in pomegranate.
Pomegranate Nutritional Value:
Water = 77.93g
Energy = 83Kcal
Protein = 1.67g
Fat = 1.17g
Carbohydrate = 18.70g
Fiber = 4.0g
Sugar = 13.67g
Calcium = 10mg
Iron = 0.30mg
Magnesium = 12mg
Phosphorus = 36mg
Potassium = 236mg
Sodium = 3mg
Zinc = 0.35mg
Vitamin C = 10.2mg
Vitamin B6 = 0.075mg
Let us now know how to consume pomegranate.
How to Use Pomegranate:
It depends on you how you like to eat a pomegranate. Here we are showing some ways of consuming pomegranate:
- You can drink pomegranate juice and drink it.
- You can consume it by mixing pomegranate seeds in a fruit salad.
- If you make custard, cake or ice cream at home, then you can add pomegranate seeds. This will add more flavor to the dish.
- It is believed that pomegranate should be consumed in the morning. This keeps energy in the body.
In the last part of the article, we are explaining what harm can be caused by eating a pomegranate.
Just as everything has its benefits, so too are its disadvantages. Keep in mind that pomegranate consumption can prove harmful only under certain circumstances, which we are talking about here:
- Those who have constipation, cough or influenza should not give pomegranate.
- Some people may be allergic to eating pomegranate. Therefore, if the same happens to you, stop eating pomegranate immediately. Allergy symptoms may occur on the body, swelling on the face, difficulty in breathing.
- Pomegranate contains an excessive amount of calories. If you are taking a low-calorie diet, do not consume pomegranate.
- Eating more amount of pomegranate can produce gas in the stomach.
- There are some medicines with which consuming pomegranate can cause harm.
- If you are taking blood pressure medicine, then do ask the doctor once before consuming pomegranate. People with low blood pressure should avoid drinking pomegranate juice, as drinking it may lower blood pressure. Therefore, pomegranate juice has its advantages as well as disadvantages.
Pomegranate benefits and side effects: You must have realized that pomegranate is a treasure of virtues. It is healthy in every respect. If it is consumed in the prescribed quantity, it can prove beneficial. After knowing the benefits of pomegranate, you should also include it in your diet. Tell us about how you benefited from its use in the comment box below.